Soler Romero Picual (Organic)
PRODUCER: Soler Romero.
OLIVE GROVE: The estate, “Cortijo El Tobazo,” is located in Alcaudete, in the province of Jaén, Andalucía, southern Spain, at an average height of 600 meters above the sea and a wide temperature range between summer and winter. This environment allows a natural disinfection of the olive trees, keeping them safe from plagues and illness without the use of chemical products.
OLIVE VARIETY: Picual.
Picual is a healthiest and most stable olive variety. It has very high oleic acid and antioxidants content, which are good for our heart and brain. It is also highly resistant to rancidness. Picual retains its quality characteristics, two or three times longer than any other variety of olives.
HARVESTING PERIOD: November.
CERTIFICATION: 100% organic, bio-diverse olive tree forest.
- CAAE (for EU, regulation on organic farming EEC 834/2007). Since 2001.
- USDA (US, NOP). First Spanish producer to obtain USDA certificate. Since 2003.
- JAS (Japanese agricultural Standard). Since 2004.
- Chinese organic certificate. First Spanish producer to obtain Chinese certificate. Since 2011.
- Korean organic certificate.
- QvExtra! awards an international seal of quality for extra virgin olive oil which meets all the chemical, physical and sensorial requirements agreed by the association.