Soler Romero First Day of Harvest (Organic)
PRODUCER: Soler Romero.
OLIVE GROVE: The estate, “Cortijo El Tobazo,” is located in Alcaudete, in the province of Jaén, Andalucía, southern Spain, at an average height of 600 meters above the sea and a wide temperature range between summer and winter. This environment allows a natural disinfection of the olive trees, keeping them safe from plagues and illness without the use of chemical products.
OLIVE VARIETY: Picual.
HARVESTING PERIOD: October.
This organic extra virgin olive oil is harvested on the very first day in October when the olives are just about ready for harvest. As a result, it is a very bold, bitter and peppery olive oil. Moreover, it is loaded with extremely high polyphenols – the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
CERTIFICATION: 100% organic, bio-diverse olive tree forest.
- CAAE (for EU, regulation on organic farming EEC 834/2007). Since 2001.
- USDA (US, NOP). First Spanish producer to obtain USDA certificate. Since 2003.
- JAS (Japanese agricultural Standard). Since 2004.
- Chinese organic certificate. First Spanish producer to obtain Chinese certificate. Since 2011.
- Korean organic certificate.
- QvExtra! awards an international seal of quality for extra virgin olive oil which meets all the chemical, physical and sensorial requirements agreed by the association.