Soler Romero Coupage (Organic)
PRODUCER: Soler Romero.
OLIVE GROVE: The estate, “Cortijo El Tobazo”, is located in Alcaudete, in the province of Jaén, Andalucía, southern Spain, at an average height of 600 meters above the sea and a wide temperature range between summer and winter. This environment allows a natural disinfection of the olive trees, keeping them safe from plagues and illness without the use of chemical products.
OLIVE VARIETY: Picual & Arbequina.
Picual is one of the healthiest and most heat-stable variety (high oxidative or heat stability), with highest oleic acid and antioxidants content. It is highly resistant to rancidness and performs best under heating condition. Picual retains its quality characteristics, two or three times longer than any other variety of olives. Besides using it raw, excellent for cooking such as sauteeing and frying.
On the other hand, Arbequina olives are delicate, mild and sweet.
HARVESTING PERIOD: November.
CERTIFICATION: 100% organic, bio-diverse olive tree forest.
- CAAE (for EU, regulation on organic farming EEC 834/2007). Since 2001.
- USDA (US, NOP). First Spanish producer to obtain USDA certificate. Since 2003.
- JAS (Japanese agricultural Standard). Since 2004.
- Chinese organic certificate. First Spanish producer to obtain Chinese certificate. Since 2011.
- Korean organic certificate.